Woman of Achievement and Marlena Martin ripped off my wife and is a scam!

My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to talk to Marlena face-to-face after the event but she kept avoiding us and refuses to return our calls, text messages and emails. Of course we did not get our money back either. This meant a lot to my wife because she has competed in other pageants and was never chosen. We told Marlena this and she promised, she guaranteed that if my wife paid an extra fee than she will win the title. Now Marlena is trying to do more pageants and *** more unsuspecting women. Beware. This organization is run by one person, Marlena and she keeps all the money and tries to get the competitors and queens to do all the work that the director is supposed to do. She is very dishonest, unfair, over-aggressive, and will say or do whatever it takes to get you to do what she wants. Her physical address is not even listed on her website. Legitimate pageants at least have an office.

DO NOT enter her pageants in CA or any other state that she is trying to expand too. Marlena does nothing for her winners except take their money. She offers no guidance, career direction or marketing. She is not good like the other reputable and established pageants out there.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 8 Yes 8 37 No 37
Had the same issue 25 Yes 25
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Your cousin vinny

Aug 23 #1202855 Wilmington, Delaware

Champ give me $4000 and I will get that crown for your bride, I will nab it from the bimbo that own it

1 0 Reply

Aug 23 #1202848 Armada, Michigan

Come on slim, you ditch out big coin for a title. Use that kind of money on a overseas vacation, in the long run your ball and chain have longer/better memories than a $5000 crown

2 0 Reply

Aug 09 #1196819 Des Moines, Iowa

What? I thought everything posted on the internet was the honest truth, no matter who posted it?

1 0 Reply

Jan 09 #1091524

HILARIOUS how readers can't seem to discern that this is obviously a SPOOF/PARODY "review"...

3 3 Reply

Apr 17 #1145790

That's the problem, people don't want to come here and read all the fake trolling *** that certain kids and immature people that have nothing better to do with their lives post on here

4 1 Reply

Dec 27, 2015 #1084266 Orange, California

what the *** is wrong with you?! this is a piece of trash complaint that sounds too ridiculous to be real. Your wife should win a pageant because she earned it if your going to cry about whats fair.

5 0 Reply

Dec 23, 2015 #1083009

oh no you tried to scam a bunch of other competitors and got scammed in return... I'm sure there's a Mother Goose tale your parents should have read you when you were small that would have taught you all you need to know about this situation.

7 0 Reply

Dec 09, 2015 #1076273

Sorry, I cannot feel sorry for you. You should have known or at least suspected that this was bogus. I can understand winning and losing, been there and done that, but if anyone thinks I am so *** to cough up 5K to win a meaningless contest, they are barking up the wrong Tree. I hope you have discovered that this World is nether Fair nor Harmless, predators abound.

6 0 Reply

Dec 04, 2015 #1073920

Its sad that we live in a society where people will spend 5,000$ on something so vain. I am reasonably sure that within 5 square miles of you are families that could desperately use that money for items such as food, clothing, education, healthcare. You and your wife might actually gain some self-esteem from the experience of volunteering and donating to a worthy cause, rather than enriching an already corrupt and morally polluted vanity play. For the men here talking about giving this poor woman a pearl necklace or otherwise, grow up. Men like you make the rest of us look no better than the average ape.

17 1 Reply

Nov 02, 2015 #1057282

Hey ***...why the *** are u trying to buy a crown, and for $5000 no less? That just makes me sick! It's people like u why this world is getting more *** up all the time. I can see why she's never gotten a crown. Hot enough to ***, but not hot enough to be crowned. I'll crown her face with my seed, and you don't even have to bribe me with $5000. But I'll take it if u want

12 2 Reply

Oct 30, 2015 #1056113

buying titles? I'm glad she didn't win. Rich people in America think they can just buy easy street. It's disgusting.

12 0 Reply

Oct 27, 2015 #1054792

so you saying she's only worth $5000? LMAO!! sad sad puppies you both are. Go spend it at a quack to read your heads and dig deep down to find where all those insecurities stem from. Or better still run your own pageant in your backyard where you can title yourselves everything imaginable. Hire a photographer & camera man....get an event planner...invite the neighbourhood ... get in a caterer and then re watch it all on your big *** screen tv over and over and over again! Idiots!

11 0 Reply

Oct 08, 2015 #1044995

Is your Wife's self esteem so low that she feels she needs a crown to prove she is special? That money would have been better spent on counseling to rebuild her self image. What you think of her should be the only opinion that matters in her life. I wish you well on bringing attention this person and their scam. I suggest calling an investigative news person about what happened. Good luck.

16 0 Reply

Sep 26, 2015 #1039459

You wanted to buy the TITLE ?

18 0 Reply

Sep 23, 2015 #1038144

I know this well about this pageant system - anyone who get involves with WOA should run away!! Everyone who wins paid for their title and Marlena Martin is a joke!
Anyone who has won one of her title has paid for it in money I can promise you that! Many pageants work this way but I know for a fact that this one does for sure!

7 2 Reply

Sep 19, 2015 #1036126

All fool you for paying to have your wife win something. I don't care if it's 'normal practice'. Anyone with half a brain knows twenty other women could have paid $5K, too! Ridiculous.

11 0 Reply

Aug 18, 2015 #1020931

I'm a bit confused by all of the comments suggesting that this isn't the norm for pageants--of course titles are bought and sold, why does this surprise anyone? The question here is, whether the author has any means of redress when the title vendor fails to deliver.
I think the key question is, "Did you get a receipt?" Any kind of paper trail at all? If not, then you are a fool, and a fool and his money are soon parted. While she's not much of a looker, I suspect your wife could make that $5k back in just a few days work in the San Fernando Valley.

12 4 Reply

Aug 17, 2015 #1020640

Really you paid to win a contest, your wife is shallow, needs counseling and you need your head examined, who pays to win a contest, give me 1000$ and I'll give you any title you want, how about *** and coniving cheater award , the winner of your wife's coveted title must have had deeper pockets

23 0 Reply

Aug 10, 2015 #1017937

Your wife lost because she's not that hot. If you're into the cuckold you can watch me put a prize on her hair and face.

23 6 Reply

1-20 of 54 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Woman of Achievement. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Woman of Achievement.
Filing a new complaint about